Home | Amenities
| Rates/Info/Map | Contact
Crane House Rates from
May through October
Whooping Crane Season Rates
November through April
Friday and Saturday are $300.00/night +
Sunday thru Thursday
nights are $250.00/night + tax
Crane House Retreat
602 E. Market St.
Rockport, TX 78382
CRANE HOUSE RULES
1. No smoking inside, please. Smokers are welcome to smoke on screen porch.
2. No firearms are allowed by guests on our ranch.
3. Please leave the land as you find it. We are attempting to keep nature in balance. Please don't litter!
4. No off-road driving. Speed limit of your vehicle should not exceed 15 mph.
5. Pets are allowed. Renter will be held responsible for any damage caused by their pets. Pets should not be left outside at night for the pet's safety.
Some of the birds you might see:
American White Pelican
Great Blue Heron
Black-Bellied Whistling Duck
Rock Pigeon (formerly Rock Dove)
Baltimore Oriole (formerly Northern Oriole)
|Quote from Frommer's
Texas Travel Guide
"As a travel writer you sometimes see so many hotels, condos, and
other lodgings that it all becomes a blur, and if you don't take notes
you begin confusing them. There is no danger of that happening with
this place; it's truly one of a kind. Crane House is an attractive and
comfortable house with two bedrooms (one king and two twins), two
bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a large screened porch. But it could
have been a shack with bunk beds and an out-house, and it would still
have been special because it offers those rare commodities of privacy,
solitude, and natural beauty, all in abundance. It sits alone on 824
acres bordering the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, with a mile of
coastline on St. Charles Bay (use of kayak included). The owners are
in partnership with the Texas Nature Conservancy to protect more than
200 acres of wetlands that are part of the property. And, as if that
weren't enough, a pair of whooping cranes are daily visitors to the
backyard, and to view or photograph them you have to go no farther
than the porch. Besides, how many hotels have a guard horse looking
after the place?"
Rated as - Excellent
Rated as "Moments" (Special moments
- those experiences that memories are made of)
Make Your Reservation Today!